Black & White Brownies
- 1 19-21oz fudge brownie mix
- 1 10-12oz white baking pieces
- 1c. semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1/2c pecan pieces
- 1/4c melted butter
- 3tbsp hot water
- 2c sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1tsp vanilla
- 3/4c. pecan pieces
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 2531mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350. Grease 13x9x2 baking pan. Prepare mix according to package. Stir in half of white pieces, all of chocolate pieces & 1/2 pecans. Spread into pan.
bake about 30min. Sprinkle w/remaining white pieces, bake 1min. Cool pan.
For frosting, in small bowl mix melted butter & hot water. Stir in powdered sugar, cocoa powder & vanilla. Beat until smooth. Spoon over brownies. Sprinkle w/3/4c pecans, cool for hour & 1/2.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Two of your favorite desserts come together...in the most DELICIOUS of ways!
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 320°F.
- Add the chocolate and butter to an oven-safe mixing bowl and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove, and set the oven to preheat to 350°F. The mixture should now be a thin chocolate sauce.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the egg and stir until blended.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the flour, a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Blend the ingredients together.
- Using a sifter, add the dry ingredients into the chocolate batter, then mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Pour half of the mixture into a foil-lined baking tin.
- Smooth out the batter, then top with a layer of Oreo cookies.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top and smooth evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!