Strawberry Fruit Roll Ups
- 6 c strawberries roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 c Water
- Juice of one whole lemon
- 1 c Sugar
- Cooking Spray
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Take the stem off and chop all of your strawberries. Throw into a large pot to boil in along with the water. Bring mixture to a boil, then add in your sugar and lemon juice. Simmer for a few more minutes to let the sugar dissolve then take off the heat. Let cool and then pour mixture into a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. Taste the mixture and add sugar if needed. Prepare baking sheets that are covered with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Spray parchment paper or sheets with cooking spray then pour strawberry mixture on baking sheets. Spread the liquid evenly across the baking sheet and place in your oven for 8-10 hours at 170 degrees. Check on the fruit leather about every 2-3 hours to check for dryness. If the edges are getting dry and crisp then brush them with water and continue to do so until the middle is no longer soggy. Take out of oven when done and cut into strips.
You'll also love
- Fruit Leather Roll Ups 2.7/5 (10 Votes)
- pigs and blanket with cheese 2.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Pickeled hotdogs 2.7/5 (17 Votes)
- Strawberry Treat 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Creton (meat spread) 2.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Penny's strawberry rhubarb pie 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Jungle Sauce 2.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Tarts: Glazed Fruit Custard 2.7/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!