10 strawberry desserts to die for
For so many people, the appearance of strawberries on supermarket shelves is a sign that spring has officially arrived.
There's nothing more irresistible than a bowl of ripe strawberries, dusted with a light sprinkling of sugar and topped with some fresh whipped cream. But why not take your strawberry addiction to the next level with these 10 strawberry desserts that are just to die for?
It's time to get creative with cheesecake. Either bake fresh strawberries into the cream-cheese batter or make homemade strawberry syrup to drizzle on top. Simply boil down strawberries with some lemon juice and sugar until reduced by half. Spoon onto each slice of cheesecake before serving, and top with fresh strawberry halves.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!