Butter Tart Filling
- Butter Tarts
- 3 Tbsp. butter 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 egg 1/3 cup currants
- 1 cup brown sugar 1/3 cup walnuts
- ½ tsp. salt ½ tsp. vanilla
- Drop of milk
- On stove top
- melt butter
- add brown sugar
- egg and vanilla. Then add other ingredients.
- ALWAYS DOUBLE RECIPE.
- Use premade tart shells and bake as per directions. Fill tart shells 2/3 full…too much and they will flow over.
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
On stove top, melt butter, add brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
Always Double recipe Mmmmmmmmmmmm
You'll also love
- Butter Tarts 5/5 (1 Votes)
- VEGAN NUTMEG PANCAKES WITH VEGGIE... 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Chicken Salad with celery and... 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Chocolate Chunk Butter Tarts 4.2/5 (37 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread 2.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Cookie Cinnamon Rolls 2.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Homemade Wine 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Dessert- Burfee 2.3/5 (24 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!