Papa's Butter Tart Filling
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 margarine
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix all ingredients together, pour into tart shells3/4 full.
Cook on middle rack of oven @ 425 for 12-15 min
I use frozen tart shells
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!