Dessert- Milk Tart Cake
- 1cup castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tbsp butter.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp Mazina
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Boil milk and butter together for a couple of minutes. Set aside.
Beat the eggs and sugar well. Add vanilla essence,gently add baking powder and flour.
Fold in boiled mixture and pour into a greased oven pan and bake @180 degrees for about 30 mins .
Make topping so long.
Place 2 cups milk with 1 tsp vanilla essence in a pot.
In a bowl beat 1 egg,
1/2 cup sugar,
2 heaped tbsp maziena.
Add egg mix 2 milk and heat on low mixing continuously to avoid lumps. Boil till it thickens. If any lumps when cold beat with hand beater
While warm take milk tart filling and top the cake with the filling and dust cinnamon powder on top
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!