Sweetened Condensed Milk (using dry milk)
Sweetened condensed milk is called for in some recipes and it is not always in your pantry. But if you have powdered milk on hand, you can make it and it's cheaper than from the store. It can be used in any recipe calling for sweetened condensed milk. This recipe is the same amount as a 14 ounce can.
- 1 cup instant dry milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 T. melted butter
- 1/3 cup boiled water
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix all with an electric mixer or in the blender. Keep refrigerated until used.
You'll also love
- Sugar-free fat-free ice cream 3.8/5 (46 Votes)
- Whole Turkey 3.8/5 (18 Votes)
- Butter Cream Frosting 3.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Mom Otteson's Oreos 3.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Rasagulla 3.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Sausage and Pasta Casserole 3.6/5 (139 Votes)
- Mim's Sweet Potato Pie 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- banana caramel pie 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
How to make fast-food style mayonnaise in a pinch!