Mom Otteson's Oreos
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup shortening
- ½ square butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix and form small balls. Put 1 rack close to the top and 1 close to the bottom of the oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 4 minutes, then switch pans and bake 4 more minutes.
Mom used to color the frosting red and green for Christmas.
You'll also love
- Fresh & Fruity Donuts 2.9/5 (37 Votes)
- Brownies 3.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Grandma Wood's Yorkshire Crackney... 3.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Oats or Peanut Butter Cookies 3.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Mom's Boozy Plum Pudding with Hard... 3/5 (14 Votes)
- Crab cakes and homemade ketchup 3.7/5 (24 Votes)
- Homemade Oreo Cookies 2.9/5 (20 Votes)
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups 3/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.