Simple Cookie Dough
- 1 stick butter
- 10 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 7-8 oz spéculoos (if unable to find, substitute graham crackers)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 sheet of gelatin
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Soak the gelatin 10 min in cold water.
Melt butter in a double boiler or microwave.
Add sweetened condensed milk.
Grind cookies to a powder. Add the crumbs with oil and mix everything.
Add lemon juice previously heated and the gelatin and blend again until mixture is smooth.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!