Mom Otteson's Fudge Nut Bars
- 6 oz. chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¾ cup chopped nuts
- ¾ cups oats
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups brown sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Melt together chocolate, milk, and butter. Add vanilla and nuts. Set aside. Cream margarine, sugar, and eggs. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and oats. Spread ¾ oatmeal mixture in greased jelly roll pan. Spread chocolate mixture over crust, then dot oatmeal mixture over the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Simply Perfect Peanut Butter Fudge 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Balls 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Almond and Pear Tart 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Chocolate Cereal Bars 3.8/5 (20 Votes)
- Stuffed Apricots 3.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Easter fudge 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!