Miss Hilda's Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup finely ground chocolate wafer cookies
- cream filling removed (oreo)
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese
- at room temperature
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 4 oz melted semisweet chocolate
- 2/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped peanuts
- Rich Chocolate Sauce for serving (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 375F
Combine the graham crackers crumbs, chocolate cookie crumbs, butter, and 4 tbsp of the sugar in a medium bowl. Stir thoroughly to combine. Press the mixture firmly into a 9 inch pie pan and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, let the crust cool completely, then wrap it with plastic wrap and place the pan in the freezer for at least 1 hour and for up to 2 weeks. Allow the crust to come to room temperature before filling.
Combine the cream cheese, confectioner's sugar and milk in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until well blended and smooth, about 1 minute on medium speed. Add the melted chocolate and the peanut butter and continue to blend for another minute on medium speed. Combine the cream with the remaining sugar in another medium bowl. Beat with a whisk or electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the chocolate and peanut butter mixture until thoroughly incorporated and smooth. Pout the filling into the pie crust. Smooth the top of the pie with a spatula, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving
To serve, use a hot wet knife to slice the pie into 8 portions. Garnish with peanuts and drizzle with the Rich Chocolate Sauce is desired.
You'll also love
- Dessert- Mint Cheesecake 3.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Blancmange 2.2/5 (130 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl - Austrian Biscuits 3.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Mommy's Strawberry Pie 3.7/5 (25 Votes)
- Mushrooms, Chestnuts and Duck Pie 4/5 (20 Votes)
- Easy Microwave Chocolate Dipped... 2.9/5 (77 Votes)
- Oats or Peanut Butter Cookies 3.6/5 (19 Votes)
- peanut butter fudge 3.7/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!