10 fruit tarts to fall in love with this summer
Make the most of the delicious summer fruit that's in season and get cracking on these wondrous fruit tarts!
You've got to wait until the end of summer for the blackberries to be perfect. Once they are, start blind baking your tart crust. Once it's done, cover it with a layer of custard cream and then top with the fresh blackberries. You can sprinkle vanilla sugar on top, or even better, blackberry liqueur!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!