Passion Fruit Tart
By AMOROSO Sylvie
Rate this recipe 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- 1 pastry crust
- scant 1 cup passion fruit juice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 knob of butter
- scant 1 cup water
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Roll out a pie crust, precook according the directions on the package.
Then preheat oven to 375 F
Meanwhile, in saucepan, combine sugar with 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar, cornstarch, 1 egg. Heat gently, add passion fruit juice and water.
Bring to a boil, stop as soon as the appearance of large bubbles, add a knob of butter, mix well then spread the mixture over the dough. Bake 15 minutes.
You'll also love
- Arayeches Algerian sweets 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Chocolate and Walnut Pie 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Almond and Pear Tart 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Jiffy Chicken Pot Pie 3.9/5 (122 Votes)
- Brownie & fruit kabobs 3.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Canned Guava (Fruit) Custard 3.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Tarts: Glazed Fruit Custard 2.7/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Glazed Fruit Crown
This is the king of fruit tarts... and it's stunningly easy to make!
- Roll out your puff pastry, and place M&Ms on top.
- Cover with another puff pastry.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350° F.
- Add: mango, blackberries, raspberries, kiwi, grapes, and strawberries.
- Glaze with apricot jelly.
Review this recipe