Passion Fruit Tart
By AMOROSO Sylvie
- 1 pastry crust
- scant 1 cup passion fruit juice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 knob of butter
- scant 1 cup water
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Roll out a pie crust, precook according the directions on the package.
Then preheat oven to 375 F
Meanwhile, in saucepan, combine sugar with 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar, cornstarch, 1 egg. Heat gently, add passion fruit juice and water.
Bring to a boil, stop as soon as the appearance of large bubbles, add a knob of butter, mix well then spread the mixture over the dough. Bake 15 minutes.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
This is the king of fruit tarts... and it's stunningly easy to make!
- Roll out your puff pastry, and place M&Ms on top.
- Cover with another puff pastry.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350° F.
- Add: mango, blackberries, raspberries, kiwi, grapes, and strawberries.
- Glaze with apricot jelly.