Canned Guava (Fruit) Custard
- 1 BIG tin guava ***
- 1 tin ideal milk.
- 1 tin nestle cream.
- 1 tin condensed milk.
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp agar agar powder
- Red food coloring ***
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a big mixing bowl, Whisk together ideal milk, nestle cream and condensed milk.
Liquidize guavas and strain.
Add to whisked mixture.
Boil together 2 cups water, half cup sugar and 1 heaped tsp falooda powder.
Add a few drops red colour.
Cool and leave to set.
Grate falooda and add to guava dessert.
Refrigerate and serve cold.
***Other tinned fruit can be used in place of Guava and other food coloring can also be substituted!!!***
This dessert is great for BBQs in the summer
You'll also love
- Sweet Potato Custard 4.6/5 (67 Votes)
- Spiced Orange Flan with Pineapple... 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Creme Brulee (Custard) 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Creep Crawly Cupcakes 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Icebox Cookies 3.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Orange Jelly 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Chocolates 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Sugar-free fat-free ice cream 3.9/5 (42 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!