Red Fruit Crumble
By Isabelle du blog "La soupe à la citrouille"
Red Fruit Crumble. Discover our recipe.
- 3/4 - 1 lb red fruit mixed frozen or fresh
- 4 pippin apples
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 generous tablespoons of butter
- For the crumble topping:
- 1/4 cup of almond powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Half a stick of butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 pinch of salt
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 350° F
- Peel apples and cut them into pieces.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a pan.
- Caramelize the apples with the sugar for about 10 minutes, they must be soft.
Crumble topping: With your fingertips, mix the flour, ground almonds, diced butter, sugar and salt. Work in your hands by rubbing until you have the consistency of coarse sand. Chill.
Divide apples into 4 small casserole dishes (or one large dish), add the berries without thawing. Mix a little. Top with crumble.
Bake for 20 min, the top should be lightly browned.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.