Simple recipe for cake decorating.
- 24 oz (1 pkg) almond bark
- 2/3 cup corn syrup
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Melt bark in microwave until just melted. Add corn syrup and mix until it comes together. Pour it out on wax paper until it's cool enough to handle.
Knead as much oil as possible out of it before I let it rest.
Getting the extra oil out makes it a little firmer; also, you don't end up with little hard bits in the middle of it when it's cool.
Modeling chocolate made with almond bark is very forgiving. If needing to color it, use candy colors and add the color to the corn syrup before mixing.
You'll also love
- Party Mint Wafers 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Mini Marshmallow Magic Cookie Bars 4/5 (3 Votes)
- AUDREY'S FAVORITE FUDGE 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Cheesy Parmesean Dip 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Lemon Jell-O Cake 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Oreo Cookie Ice Cream Dessert 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Crunchy Salad 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Feta Cheese Bites 4/5 (2 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!