Ice Cream in a bag
- Small ziplock bag
- Large ziplock bag
- Ice cubes(about 2-3 trays full)
- 1 cup of half and half cream
- 1/2 cup salt(fine or coarse works too but rock salt works best)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 3mins
Cost Average budget
Combine the ice and salt in the large ziplock bag.
Combine the half and half, sugar and vanilla in the small ziplock bag. Shake a little. Seal it.
Place the small bag into the large bag. Seal the large bag.
Shake on and off for about 15 minutes.
Garnish with desired toppings such as cookie crumbs, M&M's, caramel..etc.
Serve and enjoy!
You'll also love
- St. Tropez Tart 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Pecan pie 4/5 (4 Votes)
- UUMMM Bar 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Snow cream 4/5 (3 Votes)
- white frosting 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Creamy Pineapple Habanero Ice Cream 3.9/5 (34 Votes)
- Popcorn 3.9/5 (19 Votes)
- Great Grandma Rose's Pumpkin Pie 3.1/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe