not so sweet
- 1 C milk
- 3 T flour
- 3/4 c sugar( grandulated)
- 3/4 c butter (not margarine)
- 3/4 c shortening
- 2 T vanilla
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 4mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Ina saucepan put milk and stir in flour Heat till bubble and very, very, thick put in fridge to totally cool. Do not freeze.
Put milk mix in a bowl for a stand mixer. add the sugar and softened butter. Cream for 2 minutes. Then add butter, shortening, and beat for 5 minutes.
add vanilla and mix for 1 minute.
frost a cake
This cannot be dyed. It makes more than enough for a round cake or a 9X13 cake.
You'll also love
- Macaroni and Tuna Salad 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Lemon Jell-O Cake 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Canadian chocolate moose 4/5 (3 Votes)
- CORNBEEF AND CABBAGE 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Ham and goat cheese appetizers 3.8/5 (23 Votes)
- Stewed Apple, Cherry and Vanilla... 4.2/5 (48 Votes)
- Auntie Kathy's Ammonia Cookies 3.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Petite Strawberry Tarts 3.6/5 (197 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.