Stewed Apple, Cherry and Vanilla Jam
By Drinou_331 , blog Les bonnes recettes font les bons petits plats
- 4.5 lbs of apples
- 4.5 lbs of cherries
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla bean powder
- sugar of choice
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Sterilize your jars.
Wash, peel and core your apples. Wash and pit your cherries.
Put your apples and your cherries in a large pot with a little water (about a 1/4 cup).
Cook over medium heat, stirring regularly. Once the fruit is thoroughly cooked (apples should be transparent), remove from burner and mix everything with a hand blender.
Pour the hot jam into your jars. Watch out for splashes! Seal your jars.
Now you can sterilize them by placing them in a large pot, put water so it reaches 3/4 height of the jars and boil. It will take 25 minutes for the jars to sterilize. Let cool in the water.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.