Fruit jam recipes - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ooo la la... This gorgeous French strawberry Mille Feuille will blow you away!!
- 1 puff pastry
- For the custard:
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- - 1/2 cup sugar
- - 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- For the whipped cream:
-3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
-1 vanilla bean
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out rectangles (2 per cake).
- Bake for 10 minutes at 340° F.
- For the custard: simmer milk on low heat and add the vanilla bean. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and powdered sugar. Incorporate the egg mixture into the milk, and let simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
- For the whipped cream: combine the heavy cream and vanilla bean in a bowl mix. Add the powdered sugar, and whip until firm.
- Combine the custard and whipped cream to make whipped custard cream.
- Refrigerate the whipped custard cream for one hour.
- Lay out the pastry rectangles, and use a piping bag to pipe out small peaks of whipped custard cream in rows. Alternate with rows of strawberries.
- Layer and repeat. Dust with powdered sugar.
Top rated Fruit jam recipes
Grapefruit and Oranges Marmalade
By raverdy perrine
Peel the grapefruit. The cut into slices, then into pieces
- For 4 jars:
- - 4 pink grapefruit to skin not too thick
- - 2 lbs of very juicy oranges
- - 2 lbs of sugar cubes.
Stewed Apple, Cherry and Vanilla Jam
By Drinou_331 , blog Les bonnes recettes font les bons petits plats
Sterilize your jars
- 4.5 lbs of apples
- 4.5 lbs of cherries
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla bean powder
- sugar of choice
Raspberry and Currant Jam
Clean, pat dry and transfer the fruit to a pot
- For 3 jars of jelly:
- 1 lb raspberries
- 1 lb. currants
- 2 2/3 cups sugar
By raverdy perrine
- Squeeze the oranges. Pour 1 liter of juice in a pot or pan
- For 3 jars:
- - 4 lbs oranges "organic"
- - 4.5 cups of sugar
- - 3/4 cup apple juice