Petite Strawberry Tarts
By Manue - Blog "La popotte de Manue"
Rate this recipe 3.6/5 (197 Votes)
- - 1 shortbread dough
- - 8 oz strawberries
- - Scant 1 cup sour cream
- - 2 eggs
- - 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- - 1/3 cup sugar
- - 1/3 cup ground almonds
- - Currant jelly
- - 1 teaspoon rum
- - Freshly ground pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 350 F
With a cookie cutter of 9.5 cm diameter cut your dough.
Mix the cream with the eggs, sugar, ground almonds and rum. Place this mixture into the tart shells. Bake for 10 minutes.
Cool and add the strawberries. For aesthetics use small strawberries and cut them into thin slices, arrange them just right and one above the other as to form a flower (well we can try!).
Add a sprinkling of fresh ground pepper on tarts and brush them carefully currant jelly warmed. Cool and refrigerate 1 hour.
You'll also love
- White Chocolate Raffaello Cake 4.5/5 (246 Votes)
- Pastry Covered Salmon and Scallops... 3.7/5 (114 Votes)
- Natural Juice French Apple Pie 3.3/5 (221 Votes)
- Salad Nicoise 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Southern Style Strawberry Coconut... 3.4/5 (127 Votes)
- escargot and maroilles cheese... 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Carmel Apple Nut Goodies 3.4/5 (83 Votes)
- Mommy's Strawberry Pie 3.7/5 (25 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Tarte Tatin with Cherry Tomatoes
This French classic gets turned upside-down with tangy, caramelized cherry tomatoes!
- Bread, in chunks
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the bread chunks, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and cup of milk.
- In a pot, combine the sugar and Balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil until it has reduced (it should be a little thicker).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover the tomatoes with the reduced vinegar and a layer of Prosciutto.
- Cover everything in a layer of the bread mixture, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip upside-down... and enjoy!
Review this recipe