escargot and maroilles cheese pastries
- 24 esgargot without shells
- 3.5 oz maroilles cheese*
- 1 cup heavy cream
- puff pastry
- *f you cannot find maroilles cheese substitute a rather soft strong cheese like Reblochon
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 5mins
Preheat oven to 350 ° F
Cut puff pastry into rounds with a cookie cutter and bake for 10 minutes.
Melt maroilles in cream.
Sauté the escargot and then add the sauce and heat 5 min.
Top your pastry round with the escargot and add some sauce.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French classic gets turned upside-down with tangy, caramelized cherry tomatoes!
- Bread, in chunks
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the bread chunks, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and cup of milk.
- In a pot, combine the sugar and Balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil until it has reduced (it should be a little thicker).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover the tomatoes with the reduced vinegar and a layer of Prosciutto.
- Cover everything in a layer of the bread mixture, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip upside-down... and enjoy!