Round Breton Treats
By Carol Durand , blog 125 grammes ... ou le poids de la gourmandise ...
- 2 1/5 cups flour
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 5 egg yolks + 1
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 400F
In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until frothy, then add, (while still beating) the 5 egg yolks + 1.
Mix in the flour, baking powder and salt and stir with a spatula. You will get a soft dough.
Form a cigar with the dough and cut into 16 pieces. Shape each piece into a ball.
Flatten each ball of dough into a small round previously buttered molds (Muffins pans for example) the size of 1 to 1.5 cm
Lightly brush dough with egg yolk mixed with 4 tablespoons of milk.
Cook 25-30 minutes. Halfway through, when the dough is properly inflated, flatten in the center with a flat and smooth (glass bottom for example) to give them their interesting shape.
Upon exiting the oven, the dough should be golden brown. Unmold them immediately and let cool on rack. It will harden naturally.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Zebra Muffins are adorable and delicious!
- Olive Oil
- Baking Powder
- Separate egg whites from yolk
- Whisk egg whites then add sugar, then set aside
- Put egg yolks in another bowl and whisk with sugar
- Mix in olive oil and milk
- Add whipped egg whites and fold into mixture with a spatula
- Divide into two new bowls
- Pour cocoa powder into one bowl and vanilla extra into the other
- Put vanilla mixture into each well of muffin tin
- Add a smaller layer of the cocoa mixture.
- Keep layering then top with the smallest layer of vanilla
- Put in oven and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees