Chorizo and Piquillo Pepper Muffins
By Mamita Cook
- 1.5 cups of flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium onion (finely cut)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3-4 oz coarsely chopped chorizo
- 1 large canned piquillo peppers
- 1 pinch of Espelette pepper
- salt Pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 400 ° F.
Heat oil in a skillet to brown the finely cut onions with the chorizo.
Cook for ten minutes then remove from heat. Cool slightly.
Sift the flour into a large bowl. Stir in 2 eggs (lightly beaten), yogurt, chorizo, onion and chilli diced.
Add salt (very slightly, the chorizo is already salty) and pepper. Sprinkle some Espelette pepper (to taste).
-After preparing evenly distribute the ingredients into muffin tins or loaf pan (your choice).
-Bake 15 to 20 minutes (check with a sharp blade, if it comes out clean, the bread is cooked).
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Zebra Muffins are adorable and delicious!
- Olive Oil
- Baking Powder
- Separate egg whites from yolk
- Whisk egg whites then add sugar, then set aside
- Put egg yolks in another bowl and whisk with sugar
- Mix in olive oil and milk
- Add whipped egg whites and fold into mixture with a spatula
- Divide into two new bowls
- Pour cocoa powder into one bowl and vanilla extra into the other
- Put vanilla mixture into each well of muffin tin
- Add a smaller layer of the cocoa mixture.
- Keep layering then top with the smallest layer of vanilla
- Put in oven and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees