White Chocolate Raffaello Cake
This white chocolate & coconut cake is a must for all coconut lovers, white chocolate lovers, and above all Raffaello Chocolate lovers! It's a perfect wintery cake for the holiday season, the coconut flakes look like it's covered in a layer of powdered snow...
- For a cake pan 24 cm:
- 4 eggs
- 125g caster sugar
- 120 g of flour
- A pinch of salt
- A bit of butter to grease the pan
- Cream filling:
- 250 g mascarpone
- 250 g ricotta (you can substitute with cream cheese)
- 1/2 organic lemon
- 60 g of coconut flour or flakes
- 70 g of sugar
- 70 g chopped almonds
- 90 g of vanilla wafers
- 200g white chocolate
- 250 ml fresh cream
- 60 g of sugar
- 200 ml of water
- Vanilla extract
- Chopped almonds, 10 Raffaello Chocolates, Coconut flakes or dessicated coconut
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 30mins
Prepare the sponge cake:
Heat the oven to 180 °C / 350°F.
Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the sugar and salt.
Mix with electric whisk until the mixture becomes frothy.
Gradually add the flour and stir gently.
Grease and flour a cake mold 24 cm, pour the mixture, place in the hot oven and bake the sponge cake for 30-40 minutes.
When ready, remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
Meanwhile, prepare the syrup:
Pour the sugar and water in a saucepan, put on the heat and stir until sugar is dissolved.
Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Remove from heat and let the syrup cool.
Prepare the cream filling:
Pour the ricotta in a bowl, add the sugar and grated zest of half a lemon, stir vigorously with a wooden spoon, then add the mascarpone and mix again until creamy and smooth.
Add the chopped almonds, wafer crumbs and coconut flour.
Stir again to mix well.
Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler, stirring. When it is completely melted, remove from heat and let cool.
Meanwhile, whip the cream. Set aside 2-3 heaped tablespoons to be used for the decoration of the cake.
Add the melted chocolate to the mixture and stir. Then add the whipped cream (without the 3 tablespoons kept aside) and mix again.
Put the mixture in the refrigerator.
Now cut the sponge cake in half, dividing it horizontally, with a long bread knife.
Soak a first disc of sponge cake with the syrup but spooning half the syrup over the cake.
Then spread generously with the cream.
Then pour the rest of the syrup on the second disc, evenly, and place it on top of the first disc.
Coat the surface of the cake and the sides with the rest of the cream. Sprinkle with coconut flakes.
Pour the three spoonfuls of whipped cream previously kept aside in a pastry bag and decorate the top of the cake.
Add the Raffaello Chocolates on the cake, sprinkle with chopped almonds and refrigerate until ready to serve.
You'll also love
- MsCarmens Chocolate Chip Pound Cake 4.6/5 (89 Votes)
- Chocolate Mini Cake 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Tcharek M'seker Algerian sweets 4.6/5 (46 Votes)
- Magically Decadent Cookie Bars 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chocolate Cup Cakes 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- White Chocolate Berry Bread Pudding 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Arayeches Algerian sweets 4.5/5 (40 Votes)
- Cheesecake 4.2/5 (147 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!
Review this recipe