Carmel Apple Nut Goodies
Flourless and gluten-free almond cookie with carmel apple nut topping
- 1 C almond butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2/3 C sugar
- 1/3 C finely crushed almonds
- 1 C finely chopped peeled apples
- 1/4 C finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 C thick gluten-free carmel sauce
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 12mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, mix together he almond butter, beaten egg, sugar and crushed almonds.
Drop by heaping tablespoonsful, about 1" apart, on two medium non-stick baking sheets.
Bake in 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes until golden.
Remove and let cool on racks while you prepare topping.
In a medium bowl mix toetherhe apples, peansor walnuts and carmel sauce.
To serve, place a heaping teaspoonful of topping in center of each cookie. Makes 2 dozen.
Make sure to beat the egg before adding to dough.
You'll also love
- White Chocolate Raffaello Cake 4.5/5 (247 Votes)
- Tcharek M'seker Algerian sweets 4.6/5 (47 Votes)
- Favorite Caramel Apple Pie Cobbler 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Greek Breakfast 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Oatmeal Banana Health Cookies 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Pie Tarts 3.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Autumn Fruit Compote 4/5 (34 Votes)
- Healthy Chicken Salad 3.2/5 (126 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe
These are flourless, so great for gluten-free diets.
Commented by lorimclain