- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 5 tsps vanilla extract
- optional: extra milk for smoother consistency
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Let butter reach room temperature or melt it.
Combine with half of the sugar.
Slowly beat each egg into the batter.
Mix in milk and vanilla extract.
Add rest of sugar.
Let frosting harden by putting in the fridge.
You'll also love
- Fudge Cupcakes with Peanut Butter... 4.1/5 (36 Votes)
- Cookies and Cream Cake 4/5 (19 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Whipped Topping 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Forest Dump Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Texas Sheet Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Royal Icing 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Quick Hot Chocolate 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.