Black Forest Dump Cake
- 2 cans of cherry pie filling
- 1 box of devil’s food cake mix
- 1 cup of sliced almonds
- 1½ sticks of butter
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
Spread in pie filling. Gently spread out. Don't mix up. Pour cake mix over this. Sprinkle nuts. Drop butter by spoonfuls on top.
Bake 1 hour. Serve warm.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!