Cindy's Pumpkin Pie
Some people just don't like Pumpkin Pie. I don't unless it's made a certain way. This one has some orange juice which seems to zap it up. Try it.
- 1-16 ounce can pumpkin
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/4 t. grated ginger
- 1/4 t. grated nutmeg
- 3 slightly beaten eggs
- 1-5 ounce can evaporated milk (2/3 c.)
- 1/2 c. orange juice
- 1-non-baked pie crustj
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Combine the pumpkin, sugars, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Add the eggs, beating lightly with beater until combined. Gradually stir in the evaporated mil and the orange juice. Mix well with spoon. Pour into a single prepared and non-baked pie crust.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes until eges are golden brown and toothpick inserted in the middle of pie comes out clean. Cool completely. Keep refrigerated.
Cover the edges of pie with foil before baking to prevent excessive browning.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!