Cake: Easy Ball Bites
Very easy, attractive cake bites!
- 1 cake mix (your own prepared batter or a cake mix)
- 16oz of frosting (your own prepared frosting or store bought)
- 3 oz of chocolate coating (or coloured carob chips from cake store)
- You will need:
- Waxed paper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Prepare the cake mix according to the directions, using any of the recommended pan sizes. When cake is cooked, crumble it into a large bowl. let it cool at least an hour. If you don't you'll get a gooey mess.
Using a mixer, blend the cooled crumbled cake and the frosting. Put this mixture into the fridge, covered, for at least 3 hours or overnight.
Using your hands, roll the balls bite sized and place on a baking sheet covered in waxed paper. Put the balls in the freezer for an hour.
Melt up whatever chocolate you prefer (dark, milk, white or coloured) in the top of a double boiler. Remove from heat. Using a toothpick (or any dipping utensil you prefer), dip the balls in the melted chocolate. NOTE: if your ball falls off the toothpick into the chocolate, it is not frozen enough!)
Put the dipped balls back on waxed paper. While they are still wet you can sprinkle sprinkles or crushed nuts over. Or if you prefer, once the chocolate has set, you can drizzle melted coloured/white/dark chocolate over the balls to create design. Set and store them in the fridge.
Get creative and enjoy!
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Recipe for chocolate-covered... 4.4/5 (90 Votes)
- Decadent Apple Pie Bites 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- Christmas Treat: Lemon Meringue... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Christmas Treat: Mini Cheesecake... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Christmas Treat: Butter Raisin... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grandma Marie's Peanut Butter... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cookie: Soft Oatmeal Spice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grandma Marie's Soft Molasses... 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!