Christmas Treat: Butter Raisin Tarts
A staple holiday must!
Rate this recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 14 prepared tart shells
- 1 Egg
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 cup Golden Raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans if desired
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Heat oven to 375F.
Beat egg with sugar, using a fork, until well blended. Stir in remaining ingredients. Fill tart shells half full.
Bake 15-20 mins. Let stand on pans for 15 mins before moving to wire racks to cool completely.
You'll also love
- Nana's Raisin Cookies 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Butter Pecan Tarts 4.3/5 (40 Votes)
- Aye butter tarts 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Christmas Treat: Lemon Meringue... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Healthified Brownies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cookie: Soft Oatmeal Spice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grandma Marie's Soft Molasses... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grandma Grandma's Banana Nut Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Zebra Cake
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe