Christmas Treat: Lemon Meringue Tart
Fun mini lemon meringue tarts!
- 12 prepared Tart Shells (if baking your own, make sure to use some kind of 'pie weights' or the shells will puff up too much.
- 1 package of Prepared Lemon Pie Filling
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 4 large Egg Whites
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla (use clear if you can find it)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 325F.
Pour warm lemon pie filling into tart shells, almost to the top of them.
Mix cream of tartar and sugar together; set aside.
In another bowl, beat egg whites until frothy; then add vanilla. Beat in sugar mixture 1 tbsp at a time.
Distribute meringue over the tarts, starting with working it to the edges of crust and then forming a little peak on the middle. This is very easy if you use a piping bag. Try to create peaks in the meringue.
Bake until golden, 10-20 mins. Watch it carefully, it's easy to over cook it and ruin the meringue. Cool totally on wire racks before transferring to fridge.
You'll also love
- Special Lemon Meraigne Pie 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Christmas Treat: Butter Raisin... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grandma Marie's Peanut Butter... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Waffles: Easy Light 'n' Crispy 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Squares 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Kiddie Chicken Pot Pies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Meringue Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!