Special Lemon Meraigne Pie
- Lemon Meraigne Pie Mix (or make your own)
- Frosted Flakes or similar cereal
- Lime and Lemon
- PIe Shell
- Eggs (For Meraigne mix)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Grate or zest lemon and lime peels.
Cook pie filling according to directions, adding citrus peel to the pot at the end as well as half the juice from each lemon and lime.
Continue to cook according to directions, adding a light layer of crushed cereal to the Meraigne either before placing in oven or halfway through cooking.
Chill in fridge according to directions.
You'll also love
- Quick & Easy Banana Cream Pie 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Mayonnaise chocolate cake 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Buttermilk Cookies 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Walnut Cookies 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Classic Chicken Pot Pie 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Lemon Garlic Chickpeas 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Raspberry Lemonade 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Oats or Peanut Butter Cookies 3.6/5 (19 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!