lemon meringue pie
- 1baked pie shell
- 6tblsp cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1cup sugar
- 2cups white sugar
- 3egg yolks
- 1tblsp margarine
- 6tblsp lemon juice
- 3egg whites
- 1/4tsp cream of tartar
- 6tblsp white sugar
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Mix cornstarch,salt,sugar,and 1/2 cup water in saucepan
Gradually add 1&1/2 cups hot water
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a whisk until the mix comes to a boil and thickens
Remove from heat and whisk in the egg yolks. Put back on heat and cook stirring constantly for 1 minute
Remove from heat and add margarine and lemon juice. Let cool then pour into pie shell. Set aside
Mix the egg whites and cream of tartar in deep bowl
Using electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form
Gradually add sugar,beating well between additions untilall sugar has been used and stiff peaks have formed
Spread carefully over filling, sealing egg whites all the way to edges of pie shell
Bake at 400 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes until meringue lightly browns
You'll also love
- Special Lemon Meraigne Pie 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Homemade Lemon Meringue Pie 3.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Chocolate fondue 1/5 (49 Votes)
- Apple Sauce 1/5 (3 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip and Nut Cookies 1/5 (1 Votes)
- Great-Grandma Rose's pumpkin pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Fried Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- The Best Lemon Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!