The Best Lemon Chicken
- 2 chickens cut into quarters
- 2 cups lemon juice (preferably fresh squeezed)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp lemon essence
- 2 lemons (sliced paper thin)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Marinate chicken in lemon juice overnight.
Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
Put dry ingredients in a plastic bag, add the chicken and shake to coat evenly. Shake off excess flour.
Brown chicken pieces in oil in a large fry pan for about 15 minutes.
Arrange browned chicken in a pan.
Mix lemon zest and brown sugar, sprinkle over chicken.
Mix chicken stock and lemon essence and pour around the chicken.
Place a slice of lemon on ear piece of chicken.
Bake in a preheated 350F oven for about 40 minutes.
If desired, thicken the juices with a little cornstarch and serve over chicken.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.