Main course recipes - 5 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ooo la la... This gorgeous French strawberry Mille Feuille will blow you away!!
- 1 puff pastry
- For the custard:
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- - 1/2 cup sugar
- - 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- For the whipped cream:
-3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
-1 vanilla bean
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out rectangles (2 per cake).
- Bake for 10 minutes at 340° F.
- For the custard: simmer milk on low heat and add the vanilla bean. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and powdered sugar. Incorporate the egg mixture into the milk, and let simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
- For the whipped cream: combine the heavy cream and vanilla bean in a bowl mix. Add the powdered sugar, and whip until firm.
- Combine the custard and whipped cream to make whipped custard cream.
- Refrigerate the whipped custard cream for one hour.
- Lay out the pastry rectangles, and use a piping bag to pipe out small peaks of whipped custard cream in rows. Alternate with rows of strawberries.
- Layer and repeat. Dust with powdered sugar.
Top rated Main course recipes
Salmon steaks with cream leeks
By LOMBARD Arlette
Take the salmon steaks and cut into squares about 3 inches
- two salmon steaks
- 1 leek
- 2 onions
- 1 small container cream
- a pinch of salt
30 Recipes For Pumpkin That Aren't Pie
If you're tired of pumpkin pie but still need to get your pumpkin fix this Thanksgiving, look no further than these 30 delicious recipes!
Simple Roasted Squash Soup
By saltandpaper, Salt + Paper
This soup needs no garnish or side
- 1 large Butternut Squash (halved lengthwise & seeded)
- 1 medium Acorn Squash
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup cream or half & half
- 1 leek (1/4 cup chopped)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
15 Quick and Easy Timesaving Breakfasts to Simplify Thanksgiving Morning
Thanksgiving can be a lot of work. Don't sweat the small stuff — here are some simple breakfasts that will see you through until the big meal, without cutting into prep time.
Quick Meal In A Soup
heat oil in saucepan add garlic,beef,salt and pepper and brown the beef till cooked pour off excess fat add sou
- 1 tbsp. of vegetable oil
- 1/8 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 pound of hamburger
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 28 ounce can of vegetable soup(instead of vegetable soup you could always take the time to cut up fresh vegetables to add and cook in with the hamburger mix with a little water and add a can of tomatoes or seasoning for flavor)
Salmon and Broccoli Quiche
Appetizer or Main course
- I pie crust
- 1/2 med head broccoli – cut in small florets
- 1 1/2 cans salmon
- 1 cup grated 4 year old cheddar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk (include salmon juice)
25 Winter Cocktails That Will Make You Warm And Fuzzy Inside
These delicious cocktails will keep you cozy and comforted when it's cold, dark and stormy outside.
The Best Lemon Chicken
- 2 chickens cut into quarters
- 2 cups lemon juice (preferably fresh squeezed)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp lemon essence
- 2 lemons (sliced paper thin)