Italian main recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!
Top rated Italian main recipes
Mom's Creamy Light Risotto
Seed peppers. Dice or slice into thin julienne strips, then cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large peppers (preferably 1 red and 1 yellow)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- Generous pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 1/4 cups short-grain Italian Arborio rice
- 1 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 tsp hot red pepper flakes
- 10-oz (284-mL) can undiluted chicken broth
- 2 (10-oz/284-mL) cans water
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
Chicken MarsalaRecipewe ♡
In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper and oregano
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour for coating
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded 1/4 inch thick
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry