Our suggestions of Halloween main dishes - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Halloween main dishes recipes
Momma's sloppy joes
By EMAXI, Just a girl and her spoon
Every Halloween our family has these and spooky carrots
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- Sprinkle of onion powder
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 1/8 cup mustard
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 1 T. Vinegar
10 Awesome Ways to Dress Like Food This Halloween
You'll look good enough to eat with these 10 awesome Halloween food costumes!
Grandma's Delicious Halloween Chili Con Carne
This chili is a wonderful recipe that is simple yet delicious
- 1-2 bags of red chili beans (or about 4 cups)
- 2-4 onions cut (based on how much you prefer)
- 2-4 lbs. hamburger (2 lbs. for every bag of beans)
- Chili powder to taste (1 whole jar)
- 2-4 cans of whole tomatoes (large cans)
10 Scary Halloween Foods That Went Too Far
Oh-so-wrong Halloween treats that will be sure to terrify.
By Olga Klesch
This is a fun pizza to serve at a Halloween party
- 15 Gram Butter ( 1/2 oz)
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 x 227 Gram Can chopped tomatoes with herbs (8 oz)
- 50 Gram Mushrooms, sliced (2 oz)
- 1/2 Green or orange pepper, chopped
- 50 Gram Sweetcorn (2 oz)
- 1 x 250 Gram Pizza base or bread mix (9 oz) packet
- 200 ml Milk (7 fl oz)
- 75 Gram Cheddar cheese, grated (3 oz)
- 2 x 50 Gram Anchovies, drained (2 oz) cans