Grandma's Delicious Halloween Chili Con Carne
Grandma Rolph's recipe
*made every year for Halloween
This chili is a wonderful recipe that is simple yet delicious. Best for anyone with a limited amount of time.
- 1-2 bags of red chili beans (or about 4 cups)
- 2-4 onions cut (based on how much you prefer)
- 2-4 lbs. hamburger (2 lbs. for every bag of beans)
- Chili powder to taste (1 whole jar)
- 2-4 cans of whole tomatoes (large cans)
Put beans into water and cook until soft, add salt while cooking to taste.
Fry hamburger and onions together until brown, add salt and pepper for seasoning.
Drain beans when done cooking.
Add beans to a large pot, add tomatoes and crush the tomatoes up with your hand. Add the hamburger and onion mixture and chili powder.
Simmer on low heat for at least an hour.
If you want it thicker, add a can of tomato sauce.
The longer you let simmer, the better the taste.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.8/5 (461 Votes)
- Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup 3.8/5 (349 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (209 Votes)
- Stuffed Mushrooms 3.7/5 (178 Votes)
- Breton Artichoke 3.2/5 (240 Votes)
- Blue Burger 4.7/5 (75 Votes)
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with... 5/5 (21 Votes)
- Peppers stuffed with goat cheese 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.