- 1/2cup margarine
- 5 large potatoes
- 1small white onion
- Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Grease or line the bottom and sides of a deep round baking dish
Finely chop the onion and set aside. Use a mandolin slicer and slice the potatoes to @ 1/4 inch thickness. Potatoes can be peeled or left with peel on.
Layer potatoes in circular fashion on bottom of dish. Create a complete covering. Dot with margarine and sprinkle with onion,salt and pepper. Continue with layers
In this fashion until all potatoe slices are used. Dot with a little more margarine.
Cover tightly with foil. Put in 350degree oven and put another heavy baking dish (or brick) on top. Bake for 1 hour. Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- moms baked beans 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Red Beans and Rice 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Vegetables Macedonia 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Strawberry Mille Feuille 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Octopus Rougail (Octopus in... 3.9/5 (26 Votes)
- Normandy style duck 3.9/5 (39 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Make that special someone swoon with these adorable, delicious bacon potato roses!
Review this recipe