- For the salad:
- 10 oz peas (I used frozen but fresh is better)
- 6 carrots (in boot)
- 2 potatoes medium sized
- 2 small onions
- 1 tomato
- green olives (I like one from Greece)
- Mayonnaise for:
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Prepare mayonnaise: Put in a bowl the egg yolk with the mustard and beat with a whisk (electric or not). While beating, gradually add oil and vinegar. Finally, salt and pepper.
Peel carrots and potatoes and cut them into cubes. Cook in boiling water. Boil the peas separately. Then drain.
Peel onions, cut into strips and sauté with a little oil. Put all ingredients in a bowl and add the tomatoes cut into cubes.
Add the mayonnaise to taste and mix. Finally garnish with olives.
You'll also love
- Homemade Mayonnaise 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- Side- Tomato & Avocado Salsa 3.7/5 (44 Votes)
- Easy Sweet Onion and Broccoli Salad 4.1/5 (3 Votes)
- stuffed potatoes 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Tasty Potato Salad 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Octopus Rougail (Octopus in... 3.9/5 (26 Votes)
- Caramelized carrots frittata 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Baked Pasta Casserole 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.