20 salad additions to make you crave them everyday
To make a perfect salad, it often takes just one extra ingredient to take it from bland to brilliant. Here are 20 ways to get inspired.
1/20 View slideshow
Capers add a unique tart flavor to salads or sauces. Plate some smoked salmon with potato slices, boiled eggs, capers and a little watercress, then add a mustard vinaigrette and eat immediately.
More steaming articles
10 foods for a brighter smile 8 hacks to save water when you're... The 10 best fruits for your figure
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Fresh Mango Salad
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.
Comment on this article