Greek Style Beet Salad
For a fresh side dish or simply because you crave good and healthy food!
- 2 pounds of beets
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 bunch of fresh dill chopped (or less depending on your taste)
- 1/2 cup of dried raisins or cranberries
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 2 Tb spoon of olive oil
- plain thick yogourt
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Boil the beets whole for about 40 minutes, depending on the size, you should be able to put a fork through them without too much pressure.
Let the beets cool in cold water for a few minutes, until they are warm but no yet cold. Peel the beets.
Using your food processor, put the cheese grader tool and put in beets one by one, cut into smaller pieces if they dont fit through the tube.
Add all other ingredients in and mix. For the yogourt you should at least put 1/2 cup in, but some might like it we a little less or a little more!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!