- Sour grout-1 cup strain, make dry
- Feta cheese -2 big chunks
- Sour cream- small container
- Leeks- 3 long pieces chopped ( only white part) put in bowl of water let sit,strain/rinse/strain again. cut in to slices
- Hot peppers- 2 table spoons
- Old cheese crated- as much as you like
- Olives -sliced ( black-green) or both
- Phyllo pastry- read directions on box, 1 box
- Use shallow pan or cookie sheet, spread 2 layer of phyllo for bottom
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 38mins
Cost Average budget
Mix all ingredients together
Add egg to hold
Soread on phyllo
Than add another 2 layers of phyllo for the top
You'll also love
- Sweet Potato Shepard's Pie 4.1/5 (14 Votes)
- Warm Goat Cheese with Honey and... 3.8/5 (85 Votes)
- Kale Salad 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Leftover Baked Spaghetti 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Memere's Tourtiere (Grandma's meat... 4.1/5 (4 Votes)
- Potato and Leek Soup with Spinach 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Zucchini and Feta casserole 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Mussels au Gratin with Mustard 3.9/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!