30 make-ahead appetizers for stress-free holidays
A little advance prep to beat the holiday hustle? Here are 30 make-ahead appetizers so you can sit back and relax while hosting this year.
Multi-seed savory crackers
Mix 2 egg whites with flour, melted butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add poppy seeds and sunflower seeds and drop them in small heaps on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 °F until browned.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!