- 3 sheets of phyllo dough
- 8 oz feta (cheese)
- 1 egg
- 1 mint leaf
- 1 basil leaf
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat Oven to 400F
Crumble the feta and mix with finely chopped basil, mint, and pepper.
Cut the filo pastry into square roughly 2.5 in wide.
Place feta mixture on dough and fold square over so as to obtain a triangle.
Beat the egg and brush over each triangle.
Bake 10 minutes in a preheated oven.
Remove when it is golden brown.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.