These are a hearty Indian favorite.
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup AP flour
- 3 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 2/3 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1/ cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp yellow curry powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp gram
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup mango vanilla yogurt plus 1/2 cup
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Average budget
Combine flours and salt.
Saute garlic and spices. Saute onions unitl caramelized.
Add potatoes and carrots, cover and cook 10 minutes. Add peas, cook 10 minutes until potatoes are soft.
Add lemon juice, 1/2 cup yogurt, and cilantro. Let cool.
Add 1 cup yogurt to flour and knead. Make golf ball sized dough and flatten. In your hand make a bowl out of flattened dough. Spoon curry into the dough bowl. Press edges together to seal.
Spray baking sheet with oil. Line samosas on baking sheet and spray with oil.
Preheat oven to 350*F. Bake for 30 minutes. Then broil for 10 minutes until golden brown. Turn halfway through.
You'll also love
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- Indian Carrot Salad 3.1/5 (215 Votes)
- Manchurian Gobi 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Savories - Tikka Samosas 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Feta Samosas 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Korean Style Garlic Chicken Wings 3.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Spicy Kuzhi paniyaram 2.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Quiche 2.8/5 (14 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!