Mini-Bacon & Spinach Phyllo Cup
- 1 box of phyllo dough or shells
- 1/4 cup salted butter (melted)
- 5 slices of bacon (cut into small bits)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach (thawed and squeezed dry)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 (8 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Roma tomatoes (diced)
- 1 cups of mozzarella cheese (shredded)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 50mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Lay the phyllo dough under a moist towel, to prevent it from drying out. Take one sheet at a time and brush melted butter all over the sheet. Take another sheet and lay it right on top of the buttered sheet. Coat each new sheet of phyllo dough before putting on a new sheet. Handle with care because phyllo dough easily rips. If the phyllo dough has dry edges, coat it with more butter. Repeat the buttering of the phyllo dough and laying another sheet until you have ~5 buttered sheets on top of each other. Cut the sheet into small squares. Repeat the whole process until you used up the entire box of phyllo dough.
Or use pre-made phyllo cups.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Press one phyllo sheet into each mini-muffin well and bake for 5 minutes or until the edges start to brown. Remove from oven.
In a pan, cook the bacon bits until crispy. Strain the bacon bits into a medium-sized bowl, leaving bacon grease in pan. Place garlic and onions into the pan until onions caramelize. Strain into the bowl of bacon bits. Mix in red pepper, feta and beaten egg into the same bowl, add in salt and pepper for taste.
In each baked phyllo cup, add in a teaspoon of bacon and spinach mixture. Top each with tomatoes and cheese. Place back into oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Filo Pastry Parcels with Scallops... 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- Kronk's Spinach Puffs (inspired by... 4/5 (45 Votes)
- Watermelon Splash 2.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Omelet 2.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Artichoke caviar 1/5 (114 Votes)
- Deviled Eggs 2.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Couscous salad 2.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Breakfast Bake 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!