Black Bean and Corn Salad
served at every summertime potluck - by request :)
- 1 can black beans
- same can to measure frozen corn
- 1 diced pepper
- 1 minced jalapeno
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 chopped tomato
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
combine dressing ingredients in large bowl
add everything else and stir. Even better if it sits for a bit before serving
I use whichever onion I have - doesn't need both
If the red onion has a real bite to it, let it sit in the dressing a few minutes before adding everything else
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.