Mango Cabbage Salad
Inspired by a New Caledonian salad
- -1/2 head of white cabbage
- -1 ripe mango
- -soy sauce
- -olive oil
- -juice of one lime
- -a handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- -2 or 3 spring onions, finely chopped
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Finely slice the cabbage and mango. Mix together with the coriander and spring onion.
Make a dressing with the soy sauce, olive oil and lemon juice. Add dressing to the salad. Serve with Asian grilled tuna.
Try to use a very ripe, sweet smelling mango, and extremely fresh coriander and spring onion.
You'll also love
- Cabbage Rolls 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Hungarian Stuffed Cabbage 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Easy Sweet Onion and Broccoli Salad 4.1/5 (3 Votes)
- Peri Bites 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Tasty Potato Salad 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Thai Mango Salad 4/5 (23 Votes)
- Steak stir fry 3.9/5 (27 Votes)
- Chipotle Mushroom Runsas 4/5 (31 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.